The Texas Garden Club, Inc., started in 1952, has it's State Headquarters in Fort Worth.
On April, 2011, TGC Headquarters building was placed on the National Register of Historic Places and the garden club movement and headquarters were recognized as a Recorded Texas Historic Landmark! Ground was broken on June, 1959 and the stone & stucco building was completed in December, 1959. What an accomplishment!
The building is home to TGC's staff and also functions as a garden meeting center. The Headquarters is located on the grounds of the beautiful Fort Worth Botanic Gardens, across the parking lot from the Garden Center and Conservatory. One of the largest private Horticulture library west of the Mississippi is located at TGC's Headquarters. Members may check-out books from among the thousands of titles from Birds to Youth, as well as, over 200 videos on all phases of gardening.
Office Hours: M - F 8:30 am - 4:00 pm
Closed - Mondays June - August and holidays
3111 Old Garden Road Ft Worth, TX 76107-3498 817-332-6602
Texas Garden Clubs, Inc. promotes the love of gardening, floral design, horticulture, civic responsibilities, landscaping, environmental concerns, and garden therapy for men, women and children and encourages participation and support in educational programs for both the very young and advanced students. It is the purpose of this organization to preserve, protect and conserve the natural resources of this country and to maintain and enhance the beauty of our lands.